Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Last Night



3.11.08. Last night Shelly, Jolyon and I spontaneously went to Perkins at 10:30pm after we picked Shelly up from the airport. We went on a whim even though Jolyon had to get up at 4am to start a long drive to Texas, even though I was exhausted from an unbelievably stressful day at work and even though Shelly had just sat through a 3-hr flight and probably just wanted to get home and unpack. We went all the same, happy to be reunited and tripping over our words with laughter because everything just somehow seemed to be hysterical. We ate pie and pancakes and off each other's plates. Suddenly, I was free again.

I'm reminded of how much I need the occasional break from routine. Where you just put aside your responsibilities and act on your own free intention, and let one adventurous moment carry you into the next. Yes, these are the times that I live for.

After going around all day getting caught up in all the different roles we play in life, it's so nice to come back to the best part there is to play - just me. And being appreciated for that.

Good friends, good times, good food. Ah, life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. That picture is from Halloween Horror Nights in October. I have that pic in my cube at work; it's one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Haha, aaaaand you changed the picture. Although, this one is cute, too. Man, we are some good looking friends!!