Sunday, March 9, 2008

Expression


6.23.01. I was at the park again today and I met these two little girls. One said 'Hi, what's your name?' I was like 'Robin' and she's like 'Want to be my friend?' It was so cool. Made me realize the magic of being a kid. Sigh.

"Life is more mystery than it is misery"

I just watched this movie called Center Stage. It was about dancing and it made me happy and inspired. I used to be a dancer. I love to dance. I want to do it again! I can't wait to start ballet in the fall. I really want to take more classes, jazz and tap. Dancing is expression. It makes me feel alive. There was a line in the movie that said 'Whatever you feel...just dance it'.

"Dancing is the loftiest, most moving and most beautiful of the arts because it is no mere translation or abstraction from life; if is life itself" -Havelock Ell

And also today I sang on my karaoke machine for the first time in probably a good year or so. I love singing. There is nothing else like it. My mom said she misses hearing me and that I'm so good. I don't believe her but knowing it pleases her just made me sing even louder. I'm so passionate, and expressive. So creative. It is the best way to be. Alive. The world....is music.

"Depart not from the path which fate has assigned you" -Fortune Cookie

No comments: