Sunday, March 9, 2008

Horror


9.11.01. Sheer Horror. I woke up at 8:45am and got dressed for class. I put on my pink skirt. The last time I wore it, I was in the World Trade Center. I just thought it was going to be another normal day. Public Speaking class was boring and I was really tired. I got back at 10:45am, ready to take a nap and I walked in the lobby of my dorm. I saw Wingzie watching T.V. with a bunch of other people. I saw the looks on people's faces. Some people were crying. I looked at the T.V. and saw the World Trade Center and black smoke. My brain froze. No way. What? Could this be happening? I was JUST there. At first it appeared to be a bombing. But as I watched, it showed that a plane had crashed into the tower and then 15 minutes later, another one hit.

"The best thing to do when it's raining is to let it rain" -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

9.20.01. Jeez, I have not even been able to write b/c I couldn't pry my eyes away from the T.V. The news was unfolding. History was undoubtably being made. It was terrible, tragic, insane. So much has happened in such a short time but the emotions have passed. I don't know if I can write about it anymore.

"Emotions change. Moods come and go. Accepting this opens the door to a full, rich, passionate life"

No comments: