Saturday, May 3, 2008

Life Inventory


3.28.08 Exercise 17 - Taking a Life Inventory. To get what we truly want, it is necessary to eliminate the things in our lives that do not align with our most important goals and values, and to commit ourselves 100 percent to the things we do want. Taking on too many tasks and ambitions makes it impossible to give any aspect of your life the attention it deserves. In this exercise, you'll inventory the choices you are making in your life.

1. Career: I am at a good place from a worldly viewpoint - I make good money, have a management position, a big office, flexibility and job security but for me personally, I'm not doing what I am passionate about so that's the biggest room to improve. I need to learn to make money doing what I love and believe in.

2. Romance: Well I've learned what a bad relationship is from a good relationship and something somewhere along the middle too. I've learned that true love does in fact exist, and that it is available to me and I've learned what being married is all about. I don't have anyone special right now in my life but I feel okay with that. I'm not going to lie though. Who doesn't want more romance?

3. Social Life: Right now I am really happy with my social life. I sometimes feel like I am too social, there's too much to do - a lot of options and some people who I could make more time for but don't. I like having a select group of fun friends.

4. Finances: I could certainly pay more attention to my finances and save more money but I am able to support myself so that is good enough right now I suppose. I would like to be genuinely interested in finances but it seems too hard.

5. Health: I feel very healthy but I think there's always room to improve, supplement, avoid more toxins and strengthen my body. This is one area I try to continuosly work on.

6. Physical Appearance: I am generally happy with the way I look. I like to change my hair up now and again and keep my wardrobe and accessories updated but I enjoy the way I look overall.

No comments: