Wednesday, March 3, 2010

She's Got Personality..

Enneagramfree enneagram test

I thoroughly enjoy taking personality quizzes. It's fun to learn some of the factors behind your psychological make up. I'm not implying I believe all people come down to is formulas but usually, I find these tools to be quite accurate. I always then want to know what 'type' my dear friends and family fall under because it's interesting to compare and see how similar or different we are. Often, it allows me to have an 'aha moment' where I'll think...wow that explains a lot.

I'm not curious because I want to categorize people as this or that but because acknowledging their unique character traits and beginning to see why people behave the way they do helps move me from a place of misunderstanding to a deeper level of compassion, love, and acceptance.

I've realized that in life, the people I have felt the closest to are the ones who have been not afraid to show their most colorful feathers, or peel back layers of skin with me to examine even the most obscure parts of ourselves. These people were not inhibited by fear of judgement, mine or their own, but instead were bravely honest about the underdeveloped parts of themselves.

I have always appreciated this level of authenticity and self disclosure and I strive to offer this same clear portrait of myself to those whom I have the pleasure of 'truly meeting' along life's path.

1 comment:

Shelly S said...

Well said, my friend! :)