Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quotables

5.6.08. When I was in high school I used to scrapbook a lot and every year I'd make a quote page. It'd be filled with memorable silly things my friends and I had said, inside jokes we'd shared, things that were funny because they were so dead on or things that were just candidly quoteworthy. I have had a lot of funny moments over the recent years and times when I wanted to stop and write something down that someone had said. But I never did so now those funny things are forgotten. So I'm going to try to recreate this tradition because we all have our moments and I like funny :-)

"Don't you hate when you pick the wrong end of the table to sit at?" - Jeff (Coatesville) (On our post-softball season get-together)

"Here's my two cents" - Alan Skaggs (Reaching into his pocket and handing me two pennies)

"What's she going on tour or something?!" - Jen's friend (On viewing my myspace calendar)

"Let me tell you about this chick Robin, she just goes. She's a go-getter. She doesn't wait for anything. Except a guy. Then she'll wait.. forever". - Jen Mac (On explaining me to her friend)

"That's what She said" - Lito Morona (On everything)

"Hey-I really need to talk to you. I'm sooo worried. Joy is missing." "Missing, missing? Are you sure?" "Yes, she is nowhere to be found. Last I saw her was at 3:30am." "I'm sure she's fine." "No, she's...Wait, hold on. She just showed up at my door, I gotta go". - Kara Kennedy (On losing our friend Joy)

"You're probably the most stubborn person I know" "Why?" "Because you'll only do something if you want to do it. You've always been that way". "What's wrong with knowing what I want?? I really don't see a problem here.." - Joy Sorrentino (On telling me like I is)

"How come everything in our lives went to shit after Labor Day??? Seriously, what the heck happened?" "I don't know...it is really weird." "Hmm...maybe when Dawn did the Acutonics on us she unleashed something!" "Yeah, or maybe she forgot to close up the chakras". "Do you think??" - Robin & Shelly (On random unexplainable parallel events)

"When you meet someone for the first time, you aren't really meeting them. You're meeting their representative" - Aaron McHan (On dating)

(On playing the name game for the person to your right at dinner) "Okay everyone switch and read them. "R-O- 'Obtuse?! What the hell does that mean? Jolyon, the point was to write something Nice about the person!" "I did, I couldn't think of anything for 'O', the others are all nice". "R for 'Ridiculous'??? You think I'm ridiculous?! Wow". "Oh dear...maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Look, here comes the food". - Shelly, Jolyon and Robin at Macaroni Grill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! :)