Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Twinkling Stars



3.22.08. I write because I have so much going on inside my brain, at any given moment, I have to constantly get it out to keep from going crazy. Call it a blessing or a curse but it does help me sort through some of the gunk many can only begin to find words to express.

"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" -Czech Proverb

I think it's funny how you grow up thinking you'll find the answers but what you find is that adults are far more confused than any kid on the block.

"To achieve wholeness, first we have to experience the void"

I wish I had more humor in my life. I love to laugh but I'm not really into comedy that much. I recently started enjoying some funny shows like Flight of the Conchords and Sex in the City. I always have a blast when I go to the comedy club at Downtown Disney but it's just not usually my idea. I think it's a real treasure to have someone who can make you laugh. I want someone I can argue with but not be able to keep a straight face and end up making up rolling on the floor and howling with laughter.

"Flirting is just peek-a-boo for adults"

I took a quiz online that was supposed to determine how much life you've lived. I got 80%. I'm thinking, wow I'm 26 years old and I've already experienced 80% of what most people take a whole lifetime to do. That's pretty incredible. It made me feel a sense of accomplishment. However, I take joy in knowing there is always going to be more to discover and experience. See how you rank http://www.blogthings.com/howmuchlifeexperiencedoyouhavequiz/?allquizzes=yes

"Action is eloquence" -William Shakesphere

The twenties era is a very different animal than the teenage times. You long for the independence and adulthood because you think you'll have it all figured out, somehow you will find a way to 'do it all' but in reality, you realize you just have more freedom to explore the same three questions you thought you'd have the answers to by now - who am I? what do I want? And how do I get it? Only now, the clock seems to be ticking...

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Ghandi

No comments: